Social Media Day San Diego is going to be celebrated right here in San Diego on Saturday, June 30, 2012 with Social Media Club San Diego! The event will be hosted on June 30th, 2012 at the Marina Kitchen inside the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina. Social Media Day is a global event that celebrates the growing use of social technologies, the birth of a connected generation, and advancements in social dialogues.
Interesting to Note:
- Launched in 2010 by Mashable as a way to recognize the digital revolution happening right before our eyes!
- In 2010, there were 600 meetups in 90 countries
- In 2011, there were 1,400 meetups with thousands of attendees
- Nine cities and one U.S. state have declared June 30th Social Media Day, including New York City and the state of Arizona
- In the past two weeks, two more cities have declared June 30th Social Media Day, and the State of Nevada did too!
- We are lobbying San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders to declare June 30th Social Media Day in San Diego. Help the cause!
Get your free ticket. Donations will benefit the Social Media Club San Diego and are gladly accepted.
- An opportunity to connect, engage, and network
- A Minglestream tweetwall to interact while attending
- Food & drink specials by Marina Kitchen
- The first 100 people that arrive will get a Social Media goody bag filled with awesome offers and free stuff from our sponsors
- Sponsors will conduct engaging social media inspired contests and have additional promotional offers on-site
I would LOVE to see you there! I have been so fortunate to have social media as the top tool to success for San Diego Bargain Mama and can’t wait to engage with more who are just as enthusiastic as I am.
Spread the word!