This blog entry is by Twara and Jill at www.livingonadime.com.
How about a last minute Halloween activity to prepare with the kids? In this game, you challenge the participants to reach into mystery boxes filled with creepy things and try to guess what each item is. The person with the most correct answers wins the game.
An example is if you want them to guess “grapes,” you might try to confuse them by saying, “I think it’s eyeballs…”
1. Cut a hole in the top of a shoe box or laundry box for each item to be used.
2. Cover the box with black spray paint.
3. Decorate each box with pumpkins or spiders for a more festive flavor.
4. Place the following items inside, one per box.
5. Be sure to place enough of each item so the guests can adequately “feel” the guts.
• Eyeballs – grapes or peeled cherry tomatoes
• Intestines – Cooked Spaghetti
• Skin – oil a piece of plastic bag
• Brains – scrambled eggs
• Hair – an old clown wig
• Bones – thoroughly washed chicken bones placed in some sand
• Vomit – chunky salsa
• Fingers – hot dogs cut into finger-sized pieces
• Teeth – corn nuts, pine nuts or popcorn
Tawra Kellam and Jill Cooper are a mother daughter team who learned to live in difficult financial circumstances at a time in life when money was always in short supply. Living in a situation where they had to choose between one necessity and another really helped them gain a new perspective about the value of things. It also helped them make distinctions between needs and desires. They educate people about better ways to handle money in the hope that the people they touch can live more fulfilled and less stressful lives.
Visit their site: www.livingonadime.com.