During the entire month of October, kids eat, stay and play for free throughout San Diego. San Diego will offer special programs, discounts, incentives and activities! Local arts and culture organizations are presenting hundreds of free (and almost free!) events to ensure you can get more bang for your buck!
Kids are invited to explore San Diego’s diverse museums — for FREE! From October 1 – 31, children ages 12 and under receive FREE admission with a paid adult (limit 2) at any of our three-dozen participating museums. Just download the coupon above and present it upon arrival. Visitors just need to download and print a coupon from the Museum Council’s site to receive free admission for up to two kids with a paid adult.
Balboa Park museums participating in Kids Free in October include:
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Marston House Museums and Gardens
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (galleries only)
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Man
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Timken Museum of Art
- Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
Take advantage of great deals in the areas of arts and culture, attractions, recreation, restuarants, tours and sightseeing, and trains:
• Fall for the Arts: is a month-long spotlight on the many vibrant arts and cultural activities throughout the region in conjunction with National Arts and Humanities Month. The great values are the FREE events and special discounts. The cultural celebration offers dozens of discounts and free tickets to concerts, dance and theater performances, workshops and festivals. A kickoff party takes place from 5 to 10 p.m. Oct. 5 at Liberty Station in Point Loma. There will be open art studios, music and dance performances, film screenings and food trucks. Visit sandiego.org/campaigns/fall-for-the-arts.aspx .
• Kids Free in October: The San Diego Museum Council is offering children 12 and under free admission (with adult ticket purchase; limit two) at 36 museums Oct. 1 to 31 in San Diego County. To participate and learn about participating museums, download the coupon at sandiegomuseumcouncil.org .
• Zoo Free Days: The San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park offer children ages 3 to 11 free admission in October. The parks have also scheduled more than 100 free and low-cost activities throughout the month. Features include $5 giraffe-feedings, keeper talks, children’s shows, crafts booths and giveaways. Details at sandiegozoo.org/kidsfree .
Some of my favorite suggestions are the offers for a kids to go free with a paying adult! Some examples include Birch Aquarium at Scripps, LEGOLAND California, San Diego Zoo, Go and Eat Free to SeaWorld and the USS Midway Museum.