Time Home Entertainment Inc. and the editors of TIME For Kids bring children—and adults—a book that contains hundreds of answers to questions kids commonly ask about the world around them, but adults can’t always answer.
The 192-page book, packed with more than 250 colorful photos and diagrams, bring words to life, informing and engaging young readers. TIME For Kids’ high quality visuals, as well as clear, concise and child-friendly explanations, help kids ages 8 and up discover answers to questions covering various topics spanning twelve chapters.
Topics and questions, such as:
- Animals – What is a Kookaburra?
- Space – What is a Solar Eclipse?
- The Human Body – What is Dyslexia?
- Weather & Climate – What is the Driest Place on Earth?
- Food – What is Poutine?
- Survival – What If You Come Across a Snake?
- Sports – What is the World’s Most Popular Sport?
- History – What is a Ghost Town?
- Holidays & Festivals – What is Mardi Gras?
- Mysteries – What Was the Roanoke Colony?
- Inventions – What is a Boomerang and How Can You Make Your Own?
- The Future – What Will We Be Eating for Dinner?
One of the parts of the book that I enjoyed reading with the kids is the section that talks about different types of animals. After having returned from the San Diego Zoo with my son, the discussion with him was extra-enriching!
Another section is about food in space. Using our recent trip to Ruben H. Fleet Center (Balboa Park) as a great reference, the kids and I had some relevant experience to pull from. These types of books are ideal for together family reading time!
“We are proud to introduce the fourth book in our successful ‘BIG Book’ series, BIG Book of What?,” said Bob Der, Editorial Director, TIME For Kids. “The book furthers our goal of enabling kids to answer some of the many questions they ask, while presenting them in a way that is fun and educational for the whole family.”
TIME For Kids’ BIG Book of What? is a must-have book to satisfy the most curious of kids. The BIG Book of What? (Time Home Entertainment Inc.; June 5, 2012; $19.95) goes on sale on June 5, 2012 and will be available at www.timeforkids.com/bigbookofwhat and retailers nationwide.
Disclaimer: SDBM works contractually with TIME to spread the word about their great books.