“Never underestimate the power of ’word of mom’,” is what I always say!! We all know that parents and kids highly take into consideration what other families recommend or say about the possible destinations. Expedia.com recently launched Expedia® Kids in the City Guide, a compilation of 12 distinct guides to top US summer vacation destinations. Each online guide is curated by a family travel blogger who is a mom herself from cities such as Boston, New York and Chicago. They feature the best places to see, stay, eat and play with children of all ages in the summer months. The moms behind this share their insider tips for visiting famous city sights with kids, yet also share their favorite lesser-known activities in each area. The Expedia Kids in the City Guide gives moms the peace of mind that these trips are truely mom-approved. So proud of my friend Colleen Lanin of Travel Mamas for her part in this awesome service! Check out her Expedia Kids in the City: San Diego with Colleen Lanin video!
To review the Kids in the City guidess, visit expedia.com/kidsinthecity and follow Expedia on twitter @Expedia using #ExpediaKids as the hashtag for the discussion.
Participating bloggers and their corresponding cities include:
- Boston – Nancy Solomon of Ciao Bambino!
- Chicago – Nicole Wiltrout of Arrows Sent Forth
- Denver – Kara Williams of The Vacation Gals
- Los Angeles – Jennifer Miner of The Vacation Gals
- Minneapolis/St.Paul – Beth Blair of The Vacation Gals
- New York City – Carol Cain of NYCity Mama
- Philadelphia – Mara Gorman of The Mother of All Trips
- Portland – Amy Whitley of Pit Stop for Kids
- San Diego – Colleen Lanin of Travel Mamas
- San Francisco – Dana Rebmann of Ciao Bambino!
- Seattle – Debbie Dubrow of Delicious Baby
- Washington D.C. – Elizabeth Thorp of Posh Brood
Says Kara Williams, travel blogger for The Vacation Gals. “We hope our suggestions will inspire parents across the country to grab their kids and set out to explore some of the United States’ most popular urban destinations!”