Columnist – Lua Naquin
Looking Good for Less
With summer right around the corner, now’s the time to prep everyone for the seasonal shift! From adding some special touches to your home to rejuvenating yourself, here are some thrifty tips for the season ahead!
• MAKE VIBRANT SUMMER CENTERPIECE! You can create a quick and beautiful center piece with just the following items:
◦Glass candle holder (can be found at the dollar store)
◦Sand & Shells (beach day excuse!)
◦Layer the sand and shells in the candle holder and place the tea-light on top.
• START HOARDING. No! It’s not what you think. There’s nothing more delicious than ripe fruit on a hot summer day. This summer, promise yourself you’ll keep fresh fruit out in your kitchen. Keeping your fruit out on the counter will inspire you to eat it before it goes bad! Some of my favorite fruits in season now: apples, blueberries, avocados, cantaloupes, cucumbers, grapes, mangos, peaches and more! Think of the drinks, smoothies and salads you can use them in, or just serve them whole! Yummm!
• MAKE A BUCKET LIST! Make a list of fun things to do this summer. Have each family member add to the list and start doing! You could even make a “Summer Bucket List” Pinterest board and share ideas with others. Add things like : have a water balloon fight, make strawberry lemonade, fly kites at the beach, etc. They serve like a seasonal vision board (of sorts) and inspire everyone to live out what they invision!
• HOST A SUMMER SOIREE. Have a girls’ (or a date night) outdoors! Make some fruity recipes, get some festive island decorations and whip up some Margaritas. ALL great girls’ nights started when someone said, “Margarita.” (You know it’s true.)
• SCRUB-A-DUB-DUB! With summer comes dresses and skirts, so it’s definitely time to renew your skin! You can either go to a spa and have an exfoliating body treatment, or buy a sugar body scrub and DIY. Always remember exfoliate BEFORE you shave so that you don’t irritate your skin.
• GET YOUR GLOW ON. You don’t have to spend hours in the sun to get glowing skin! Try a spray tan or check out creams like Jergens Natural Glow that give you a nice glow over time.
What fun plans do you have for the summer?
Category: Well-Being & Beauty